Has your smile suffered from dental damage and need repair? The best thing you can do is explore dental crowns with your local dentist. With the advanced technology that’s available today, you can have a dental restoration that perfectly matches your natural teeth! Learn more about dental crowns in this week’s blog post.
What are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are single dental restorations that are designed to cover a damaged or weak tooth. Dental crowns are a great way to treat many different dental issues, including:
- When a tooth has been affected by a large amount of tooth decay, so much so that it wouldn’t help to be treated with a filling.
- When a tooth already has had a filling and needs additional support.
- When a tooth has suffered from trauma like a dental accident that’s compromised its structure and stability.
- When a tooth has a major cosmetic flaw, like discoloration from metal fillings.
- When a tooth has become weak and is at risk for cracking into pieces.
- When replacing a tooth with the help of a dental implant, a dental crown can be attached for a great tooth replacement solution.
- When a tooth has been treated with root canal therapy, a dental crown can seal the tooth from further infections.
How Do You Get Dental Crowns?
To get your dental crown, you will probably have to visit your dentist two times. During the first appointment, your dentist will capture detailed impressions. Then, they will adjust your teeth as needed—meaning that if the tooth is weak, they may add to the body of the tooth to fill the crown correctly. Contrary, a tooth may be shaved down to fit a dental crown as well. Then, a temporary crown will be placed.
The second appointment will complete your restorative dentistry. Once the laboratory has crafted your personalized dental crown, your dentist will remove the temporary crown and bond your permanent one in place.
Are You Ready to Get Your Dental Crown?
As with any form of dentistry, your dentist needs to be your equal partner on the journey to better oral health. That’s why it’s so important to meet with your dentist for a scheduled consultation. This way, your dentist will be able to discuss your smile goals, evaluate the current state of your oral health, and work one on one with you to develop a customized dental treatment plan.
Are you ready to get your dental crown? All you have to do is give your dentist a call to schedule the next available appointment!
About Our Office
Here at Prestonwood Park Dental Care, we know how important it is to have a complete, fully functioning, and aesthetically pleasing smile. Our job is to help you achieve optimal oral health, helping you get over any hurdles on the way to your best smile. Learn more about how we can help you. Contact us today!